B4 Indicator [NinjaTrader 8]

retire020

my strategy enters in alignment with the vertical line, I have some other conditions but the ones below are the main ones
calc onbarclose
B4Ind = B4Indicator(true,true,true,true,5,12,26,15,1.0,11,23.6,true,30); // Set to default values
if ( Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Flat
&& B4Ind.VerticalLineOutput[0] == 1 // Long entry point
&& B4Ind.VerticalLineOutput[1] != -1 // Make sure not preceded by Bear Signal
)
{
EnterLong(Convert.ToInt32(ContractsL), @"L");

ark03

my strategy enters in alignment with the vertical line, I have some other conditions but the ones below are the main ones
calc onbarclose
B4Ind = B4Indicator(true,true,true,true,5,12,26,15,1.0,11,23.6,true,30); // Set to default values
)
{
I'm checking and I think I know the issue. I also have other conditions. btw, are you on discord? I've few other things that we can discuss

TraderRich

@thetradeengine is there a way to turn off or hide the MACD. When using B4 (on TOS I use 1000 tick bars and on NT8 I use 8 Tick NinzaRenko bars to help filter out noise) and I find that just using the BB dots when they turn red/green for long shorts gives tremendous results, however sometimes the dots can get "lost" inside of the MACD.

One minor tip, if one has TOS and NT8, run both side by side...and only take signals that both platforms give will filter out chop or "heart attack" trades with large pull backs.

barbaros

Administrator
Staff member
@thetradeengine is there a way to turn off or hide the MACD. When using B4 (on TOS I use 1000 tick bars and on NT8 I use 8 Tick NinzaRenko bars to help filter out noise) and I find that just using the BB dots when they turn red/green for long shorts gives tremendous results, however sometimes the dots can get "lost" inside of the MACD.

One minor tip, if one has TOS and NT8, run both side by side...and only take signals that both platforms give will filter out chop or "heart attack" trades with large pull backs.
Very good idea. Could you post a screenshot of the “8 Tick NinzaRenko” chart for an example?

TraderRich

Very good idea. Could you post a screenshot of the “8 Tick NinzaRenko” chart for an example?
https://www.screencast.com/t/Rwzb8X2im3E

@barbaros I'm having trouble uploading a photo, however above is a link which should give you an image of my NT8 ES chart with NinzaRenko bars...if that doesn't work I will PM you a screenshot on Discord.

I prefer these Diagnostic Renko bars versus traditional Renko's, (and often times when I get a signal from B4, my NinzaRenko gives the body and wick which gives me further confirmation to take the trade)....link to free NinzaRenko bars here https://ninza.co/product/ninzarenko

SD77

Hello Everybody!
Can you guys create this scalper indicator for NT8?
Just curious how it's gone work on building the strategies.
Thank you

ark03

calc onbarclose
)
{
I made a decent progress on my strategy. With your logic the trade seems to trigger on the signal bar and not on the next bar. Is that right? btw, what is your discord name for a quick chat?

keg0bass

This is really great stuff. I used a pre-built strategy before but it didn't always work so excited to try one out. I usually use the Strategy Builder Wizard but this looks like you are updating the code. Any pointers on how to create the strategy using the wizard or how to update the code part? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

thetradeengine

I added an updated version of the indicator in my first message of the thread to allow users to set up alerts for the buy/sell signals.

@keg0bass, this is also the condition you can set up in the Strategy Builder to use the buy/sell signals.
dFWLjNw.png

hshah50

calc onbarclose
)
{
Hi Retire020,

can you show me how did you apply this code on NT8?

Dukester021

I added an updated version of the indicator in my first message of the thread to allow users to set up alerts for the buy/sell signals.

@keg0bass, this is also the condition you can set up in the Strategy Builder to use the buy/sell signals.
dFWLjNw.png
Hi, how do you build a strategy in NT8 based on Version 3? Thanks for the help.